These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Editor (publication) resumes for your reference.
- Interview advertisers and write advertorials for several publications.
- Assist in selling advertising space, shoot and submit photos, copy edit and proof each publication before distribution.
- Use intranet tools to write, edit and submit content.
- Over the last year to the present I’ve used my passion for writing to become an editor and consultant for amateur and newly established writers.
- I worked with a novelist and helped assist in his publication, alongside editing his entire manuscript to near completion.
- I’ve worked with the Co-Founder of the Jacksonville Film Festival to assist in editing and consulting on a screenplay that is to be made into a movie in the coming year.
- Fulfilled multifaceted duties that included reporting news/feature writing, researching, fact-checking, headline/ cutline writing.
- Also provided complete accurate and compelling coverage of anticipated and spontaneous news for both print and online media.
- Covered several areas and themes, but most specialized in culture and arts subjects as a full-time general assignment reporter for local, national and international news during the political changes in Cuba foreign policy.
- Edited and formatted manuscripts for faculty and residents for submission to scientific journals for publication, as well as confidential research materials/grant proposals.
- Worked with faculty who were editors of books in editing and managing the production of major textbooks from inception to publication.
- Acted as direct liaison between editors and CEOs and staff of the publishing companies; interfaced with chapter authors located in the U.S. and abroad.
- Lead content development for award-winning economic development magazine/media company.
- Helped generate 400 percent growth in digital impressions and 50 percent growth in printed distribution.
- Supervise editorial staff and contract writers, make assignments, identify key editorial contacts and establish deadlines.
- Handles all planning and organization of news section, including live coverage, weekly planning and long-term projects.
- Serves as lead writer and primary voice for the Daily News’ Ideas and Opinions page.
- Increased letters to the editor in the paper by 300 percent in final six months of 2015 vs. the first six months of 2015.
- Assignment editor, writer, copy editor and proofreader for the Florida Courier, a weekly newspaper distributed statewide.
- Duties include editing all staff stories and wire copy used in both publications and doing the final proofreading of all pages before they go to print.
- Direct the graphic design team on layouts and assist the advertising department in identifying target areas for sales.
- Develop relationships with local residents and decision makers through regular email, phone, social media and texting contact.
- Supervise production of B section of the Osceola News-Gazette newspaper.
- Produce a monthly column about financial services and investments.
- Responsible for the supervision of writers and photographers to ensure that the B section is produced on time and accurately.
- Create the majority of the content and assign the rest to freelancers.
- Work on layout after the sales staff place ads, work with production to ensure best layout, assign which articles go online.
- Also take photography to accompany my articles; attend events – at least seven a week on average.
- Manage web content and social media presence for Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer.
- Develop and ensure company-wide adherence to company brand standards.
- Provide continuous training and support in editorial and multimedia skills across company departments.
- Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation and style errors, prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability.
- Meet frequently with artists, layout personnel, marketing director, and production manager to discuss projects and resolve problems.
- Writing original content include port of call guides and lifestyle pieces for two books and two publications.
- Maintaining and staying abreast of an ever-changing editorial calendar.
- Editing written material from in-house staff and freelancers.
- Coordinating with graphics, analytics and editorial for all published materials.