These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Dental Hygienist resumes for your reference.
- Provide preventative dental care including taking vital signs and reviewing electronic medical records.
- Perform screening procedures such as assessment of oral health conditions, oral cancer screening, and dental charting.
- Taking and developing radiographs, removing plaque and calculus from all tooth surfaces, making impressions and updating electronic medical records.
- Counseling and educating patients on the importance of good oral hygiene and nutritional strategies.
- Recommend and use the Laser for patients who would benefit from sterilizing any periodontal pockets and disinfecting subgingivally.
- Educated patients about the dental office and all the many procedures available.
- Recommended and applied fluoride treatments for patients who need it, not just children.
- Also adults with moderate recession, erosion, dry mouth or many amalgams.
- Give each patient a thorough, detailed, fulfilling dental cleaning, as well as, completing the appointment in a timely manner.
- Full- time Hygienist treating 14 patients daily, skilled in patient assessment, treatment planning and explanation, executing dental hygiene/periodontal treatment.
- Evaluate clinical findings, medical history and previous dental records and integrating the information into a plan for excellent dental hygiene.
- Use electronic health recording system for clinical activities and recording oral.
- Treats a diverse patient caseload within a high volume private practice.
- Perform all aspects of dental hygiene with emphasis on: soft tissue management, sealant applications, Brite smile bleaching, scaling and root planing’s.
- Operates Dentrix computer and digital x-rays, spectra and cancer screening.
- Administers varied procedures utilizing advanced hygienic technology.
- Closely confers with sales representatives and dental team to assess and select manufacturer products and equipment.
- Conduct patient screening, medical history evaluations, and dental charting using SOE software.
- Working in paperless chart systems environment and using web based computer system.
- Provide Prophylaxis treatment to patient such as adult and child prophy, scaling and root planning and soft tissue management.
- Assessed patients’ oral problems by carrying out evaluation activities.
- Assisted in selecting appropriate fluoride treatments and applying them properly.
- Made impressions of patients’ mouths for creating mouth guards, braces and casts.
- Performed a complete prophylaxis, root planning.
- Provided prophylactic and preventive measures such as the application of fluorides and pit and fissure sealants.
- Made radiographic exposures, provide oral health education and remove sutures.
- Took impressions for diagnostic models and models to be used as counters for fixed or removable prostheses.
- Providing oral health evaluation and treatment on mobile dental van and school based dental clinics.
- Senior dental hygienist providing local anesthesia, scaling and root.
- Planning, prophylaxis, sealants, radiographs, baby day screenings and patient education.
- Provided excellent patient care in a general/cosmetic practice.
- Provided scaling/root planning to periodontal compromised patient and developed a periodontal protocol and standard of care.
- Developed a recall system for all re-care and hygiene appointments.
- Counseled on Home Care instructions individualized to each patient.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient’s oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Perform Prophylaxis Scaling and and handle root planning and periodontal scaling activities.
- Examine patients to decipher their need for oral hygiene and dental procedures.
- Reduce paperwork by 60% through converting all patient records into an electronic form.
- Prepare dental examination rooms and ensure that all needed instruments and equipment are available.
- Assess oral health conditions, perform oral cancer and head and neck screening.
- Complete scaling and root planing, dental prophylaxis and apply preventative adjuncts as needed.
- Counsel patients in proper home oral hygiene techniques, nutrition and mouth-body connection.
- Maintain accurate patient charts and impeccable infection control.