Custodians clean, maintain and guard a location. Job duties include cleaning, sweeping/vacuuming, mopping, doing regular maintenance of property, landscaping, pest control, and other general care and maintenance duties. There are no educational requirements for working as a Custodian; however, some employers require experience or on the job training. Custodians need to have technical skills, follow directions, pay attention to detail, be punctual, organized, have good time management, and be efficient to be successful.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Custodian Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Custodian (Buildings) resumes for your reference.
- Provided janitorial support to maintain a clean gym as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Use all safety equipment as necessary.
- I made any necessary repairs and adjustments Work varying shifts and overtime as business need picking up trash, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or using industrial cleaning equipment to clean floors, cleaning and stocking bathrooms, making sure buildings are secure, cleaning windows, and minor building maintenance and repairs also provided customer service for snack bar Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Maintained and repaired every type of building material, equipment, tool, and vehicle service by using knowledge of the maintenance cycle to understand operations.
- Mixed water and detergents in containers to prepare chemical cleaning solutions.
- Promoted building security by locking doors and checking electrical appliances for safety hazards.
- Set up, arranged and removed decorations, tables, chairs, ladders and scaffolding to prepare facilities for large events.
- Proven effective at completing assignments while keeping the facility in compliance with safety regulations.
- Established a liaison between maintenance staff and managers, resolving issues with self-assurance and tact.
- Cleaned, dusted and wiped furniture; swept, mopped and vacuum floors; emptied/cleaned wastebaskets and trash containers; emptied and cleaned ash trays and cigarette urns; replaced light bulbs; refilled restroom dispensers.
- Followed instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies.
- Locked and unlocked assigned buildings: secured building when facilities were not in use, checked for unlocked doors and windows, reported unauthorized occupants and turned off the lights.
- Recognized for outstanding service; received honors for quality performance and customer satisfaction.
- Earned top recognition for performing multiple tasks upon request during an incident involving structural damage to the school ambulance.
- I have the responsibility to clean multiple buildings that had important documents and such.
- I had to learn to maintain, as well adapt to a routine.
- With this routine, I learned to keep the environment very clean all in a timely manner.
- I have to work carefully with chemicals to provide a clean environment, giving me knowledge of how to do great maintenance for any environment.
- Cleaned, organized, and maintained a large facility engaged in utility construction, maintenance, and repair.
- Performed minor plumbing and building repairs, replaced light bulbs and fuses.
- Operated power equipment such as wet and dry vacuums, and buffers.
- Transported heavy appliances, furniture and equipment, removed debris from sidewalk.
- Assisted in unloading supplies, and other materials, maintained/stocked all storage rooms.
- Persuaded owners to invest in replacement tools identified as necessary to meet work demands.
- Operates power driven equipment such as floor scrubbers, floor sanders, waxer, and wall washers; adjusts brushes, buffers, and other attachments on machines; uses wax, polish, and other protective agents appropriate for the various surfaces; washes walls and ceilings from scaffolding.
- Uncrating and assembling furniture and fixtures using bolts and screws for assembly, loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Performs janitorial duties such as cleaning, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; washes walls and ceiling; dusts furniture and fixtures; cleans hardware and toilet fixtures; washes windows; cares for lawns and shrubs; cleans sidewalks and driveways and removes ashes, snow and ice.
- Supervised two employees trained to use machines, efficiently managed work bottlenecks, and performed operation troubleshooting.
- Improved morale through team building activities with fellow employees; led remodeling projects through regular communication between departments.
- Cleaned and restocked all paper products in restrooms.
- Kept the custodial service cart and the janitorial closet stocked with replacement paper supplies and chemical cleaners as needed to maintain adequate quantities for daily operations.
- Maintained all safety standards as outlined by supervision and listed on all Material Safety Data Sheets for chemical cleaners and polishes.
- Agreed on a cost-effective method for movement of materials throughout the building; approved using equipment for remote storage of debris that was disallowed by local authorities.
- Observed, documented, and reported malfunctions of heating, air conditioning, and lighting systems; assisted in repairs.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, or remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, or scaffolding to prepare facilities for events, such as banquets or meeting.
- Aided in the maintenance of campus grounds by mowing grass, trimming shrubbery, and removing leaves and trash.
- Performed heavy cleaning duties such as shampooing rugs, washing walls, glass and removing rubbish.
- Notify management of needed repairs, and cleaning debris from sidewalk.
- Experienced working with machinery such as high speed air mover, wet pick-up vacuum, buffer machine, rotary machine, and one motor upright vacuum.
- Assisted in the removal of broken-down vehicles from campus parking lots by towing them to local automotive repair shops.
- Performed minor interior remodeling on-campus facilities; replaced lockers following vandalism.
- Clean perimeter of park, including restrooms, laundry rooms, game room, and grounds.
- Checked in and out residents that need access to the storage area of the park.
- Submit work orders for broken items throughout the park, complete repairs.
- Cleaned up after student parties to prevent custodial staff from being overworked.
- Overlooked and improved daily tasks in a timely and organized manner.
- Clean and maintain all hallways and public passages free of debris and hazards.
- Clean floors and walkways; sweeping, mopping and waxing surfaces.
- Change light bulbs when needed, Maintain list of repairs needed and report to supervisor.
- Checked equipment for safety and effectiveness; cleaned, scrubbed, and detailed equipment at an efficient pace.
- Worked with members of the maintenance team to complete assigned tasks.
- Set up facilities for meetings, trainings and parties, including connecting audiovisual equipment.
- Supervised the cleaning, maintenance and care of building and grounds.
- Thoroughly scrubbed and cleaned bathroom fixtures and partitions.
- Gave great customer service; taking care of the needs of customers, both office and apartment customers, in a timely manner.
- Received outstanding performance award for promptness; provided exceptional service to all levels of customers for a continuous stretch over 6 months.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.