Cosmetologists provide cosmetic services to clients. They shape, color, and style hair to created the desired look. Cosmetologists have daily contact with their clients and must be skilled communicators, listeners, and problem-solvers who enjoy working as part of a team. Cosmetologists need to be artistic, creative, detail-oriented, dependable, professional in appearance and behavior, punctual, and able to multitask.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Cosmetology Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cosmetology resumes for your reference.
- Providing manicure, pedicure, facial, gel polish, foot massage and stress/tension services to traveling customers.
- Maintaining a cleanness and safe Spa before and after all services.
- Following correct procedures to ensure proper sterilizing and sanitizing for work tools and customers.
- Demonstrated creativity in hands-on creativity as evidenced by the originality of work in everyday tasks and displays.
- Oiled, combed, shaped, twisted, and styled hair for increased sheen and natural body.
- Provided beyond excellent customer service when greeting and dealing with clients.
- Recommended products suitable for client’s hair type.
- Demonstrated the features and benefits of products to clients.
- Successfully performed hair coloring formulas to result in customers satisfaction.
- Reduced split ends by 80% with daily application of specially formulated lotion.
- I’m a Cosmetologist, I’m experienced in mixing and applying color,cutting hair, makeup application, and I’m knowledgeable In most of the industry products and services.
- I also, owned two salons, from which I have about 30 years of experience.
- I’m experienced in selling products and have knowledge on all the products usage.
- Hand-painted silk henna designs on clients hands to celebrate traditional holidays like Christmas and Eid.
- Fillers used to restore dentition prior to tooth extraction resulted in no complications during or after procedure.
- Performed cosmetic services for female and male customers, including skin care, cosmetics, facials and wax treatments.
- Executed various cosmetology procedures with excellent arm and finger dexterity.
- Interviewed the customers for commonly faced beauty concerns and suggested useful tips.
- Applied appropriate procedures to check customers’ skin types and possible allergic reactions.
- Reviewed the requirements and suggested modifications to the customers for achieving better results.
- Suggest hair and skin treatments after checking skin and hair type and sensitivity rates.
- Inquire clients about any allergic reactions that they may have to salon products and refrain from using them.
- Wide breadth of experience in handling cosmetology work on an array of skin and hair types.
- Exceptional ability to identify hair and skin issues and provide workable solutions to address concerns.
- Trained under three world-renowned cosmetologists for fifteen years, mastering the techniques and skills required to cut, color, and perm clients’ hair.
- A highly talented Cosmetologist with extensive experience in the hair care industry.
- In my current position I am also responsible for a high volume of scheduling, answering multi-phone line system and client customer care.
- Demonstrated ability to gain customer trust and provide exceptional follow-up, leading to increased repeat and referral business.
- Maintained excellent safety practices by training in CPR and first aid, as well as fire prevention.
- Presented award-winning work at beauty school for creative and dynamic hairstyle designs.
- Efficiently handled beauty appointments of different clients or customers, and maintained systematic calendars.
- Provided necessary hair care treatments to the clients, and individual hair style recommendations to customers based on physical characteristics and hair condition.
- Supervised the beauty treatments carried out by other employees, and coordinated with them accordingly.
- Received numerous outstanding customer service awards through word-of-mouth advertising and client referrals.
- Provided international humanitarian aid after teaching a weekly haircutting class to a village of homeless children in rural India.
- My responsibility as a hair dresser and stylist is to make sure that I’m creating a look and a good feel for the client at all times.
- Also I have a great responsibility to be a mentor, advisor, and listener to my clients.
- With this technique I build long lasting relationships and trust between a client and myself while meeting their needs.
- Produced special effects for the musical comedy show “Dames.”
- Developed new cutting and coloring techniques.
- Performed various on site and in home cosmetology services on an appointment and as needed basis; developed a clientele base of eight through received positive referrals.
- Maintained a specific schedule; developed proficiency in enhanced hair styling techniques including: perms, coloring, frosting, braiding, push wave, setting and washing.
- Performed chemical mixing; applied specialized services including manicures and pedicures; controlled cash flow; and provided detailed customer service.
- Performed a protective and reflexology massage on Alzheimer’s patients.
- Participated in the life-risking personal awards race.
- Consult with client(s) to determine expectations and outcomes for ultimate style and look.
- Evaluate and offer professional advice for styling tips and hair care.
- Market and promote Great Clips styling and hair care products directed at customizing client look and based upon hair care needs.
- Great Clips product percent requirement for each day and end of workweek: 8% or over.
- Received certificate of merit for giving personal service.
- Current cosmetology license as required by state and provincial regulations. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to provide exceptional guest service, understanding the guestâ€™s needs, providing quality consultations and performing services requested in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks such as completing transactions on the computerized register, performing close-out procedures and light housekeeping duties.
- Exceeded all daily, weekly, and monthly salon goals, while offering customers a full range of hair and make-up services.
- Recognized for providing quality customer service; received ongoing compliments regarding my engaging personality and attention to detail.
- Informed guests of spa services, programs and activities over the phone and in person.
- Checked members and guests in promptly for their appointments.
- Efficiently checked guests in and out using computer system Suggested and sold salon services and retail products to customers.
- Responded to customer inquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
- Acknowledged for maintaining salon’s sanitation standards; consistent achievement of maintaining an A rating with the local health department.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.