These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Construction Carpenter resumes for your reference.
- Prepare the layout of projects, estimate measurements and other proportions for projects.
- Select materials, work with blue prints and various materials (wood, concrete, fiberglass, drywall).
- Used appropriate hand and electric tools to complete and repair jobs (chisels, planes, saws, drills, sanders.). Checking work while building and repairing to ensure safety and code specifications.
- Numerous daily duties such as inventory materials for the various jobs, ie. check and see how much hardware we had in stock and how much more we would need to complete job.
- Cut studs for assembly to make walls for rough framing as well as trim paint and finish work. Weld metal to make buildings out of c-pearling and square tube.
- Pour concrete to make sidewalks, porches, patios, and stairs, as well as many other responsibilities pertaining to construction, new construction and remodeling.
- Fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenters level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Studying specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Performed layout and construction of wall forms using Doka, Symmons, and fabricated wood paneling.
- Responsible for coordinating with other trades, and meeting work/safety standards.
- Proven ability to manage personnel and objectives while operating autonomously, or with little supervision.
- Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoist for whom ever was going to be working on that structure.
- Complete tear-downs of existing structures and prepared for new construction.
- Provided accurate measurements and estimates for all projects.
- Consistently assumed additional work responsibilities and worked extended hours to meet project deadline.
- Construction of monolithic concrete structures, wood,and metal framework for residential and commercial buildings.
- Can read and decipher architect and engineering blueprints.
- Extensive experience in constructing cabinets, bookcases, shelves, desks, work benches, and wood and metal door jams and casings.
- Work with foreman to define key success factors for carpentry crew such as resource planning, safety requirements, and performance optimization strategies.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics to construct scaffolding and supporting structures for major infrastructure projects.
- Move and transport materials and equipment to worksite, and setup sites to optimize construction workflows.
- Generate and maintain accurate construction records and prepare routine status reports.
- Carpenter with experience working on residential, commercial, energy, and infrastructure construction projects.
- Expertise in planning carpentry construction projects, defining scopes of work, and managing material.
- Accomplished in contributing to the development of safety initiatives to improve occupational safety goals and mitigate safety hazards.
- Seeking to take next career step in construction management with a highly respected organization offering opportunities for advancement and personal growth.
- Construct building frameworks, including wall studs, floor joists, and doorframes.
- Help put up, level, and install building framework with the aid of large pulleys and cranes.
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures.
- Designed, built, installed, and repaired structures and fixtures such as windows, doors, cabinets.
- Planned working using blueprints, drawings, space management, and layouts.
- Assessed material and labor costs, estimated construction completion dates based on scopes of work.
- Upheld and reinforced safety rules and regulations, and maintained clean and safe working environment.
- Completed tear-down of existing structures and prepared for new construction.
- Applied caulk, sealant and other agents to install on window molding and other surfaces.
- Dug trenches, backfilled holes and compacted earth to prepare for new construction.
- Meet with customers to discuss cost-effective remodeling or repair options for kitchens/bathrooms.
- Pick up materials, deliver to job site, and store appropriately.
- Perform demolition of existing structure, prepare for repair; remodel.
- Assemble/install: framing, drywall, electrical, plumbing, tiles, fixtures, cabinets, plaster, and paint.