Carpenters work with wood and other materials to construct and repair building structures. Their duties include measuring, cutting and shaping materials for construction and installation of doors, walls, windows, roofs and other structures. To work as a carpenter you need experience working with basic hand tools and to be able to lift 35+lbs regularly. Carpenters must be organized, patient, problem-solving, able to use tools such as tape measures, hammers, saws, and screw drivers as well as common power tools.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Construction Carpenter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Construction Carpenter resumes for your reference.
- Prepared the layout of projects, estimate measurements and other proportions for projects.
- Select materials, work with blue prints and various materials (wood, concrete, fiberglass, drywall).
- Used appropriate hand and electric tools to complete and repair jobs (chisels, planes, saws, drills, sanders.). Checking work while building and repairing to ensure safety and code specifications.
- Built and installed private doors, drawers, cabinets, and custom furniture.
- Built custom furniture for the client’s needs.
- Numerous daily duties such as inventory materials for the various jobs, ie. check and see how much hardware we had in stock and how much more we would need to complete job.
- Cut studs for assembly to make walls for rough framing as well as trim paint and finish work. Weld metal to make buildings out of c-pearling and square tube.
- Pour concrete to make sidewalks, porches, patios, and stairs, as well as many other responsibilities pertaining to construction, new construction and remodeling.
- Overhauled replacement kitchen cabinets for over $4,400.
- Upgraded to thermal imaging for surveillance of the client’s home.
- Fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenters level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Studying specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Installed a new water heater in a rental property; repaired leaks and issues with the pipes.
- Performed layout and construction of wall forms using Doka, Symmons, and fabricated wood paneling.
- Responsible for coordinating with other trades, and meeting work/safety standards.
- Proven ability to manage personnel and objectives while operating autonomously, or with little supervision.
- Replaced a toilet base and toilet bowl in a second-story bathroom that had major issues with mold after an extensive renovation.
- Constructed an air-conditioning system for a prisoner’s family to survive Communist oppression.
- Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoist for whom ever was going to be working on that structure.
- Complete tear-downs of existing structures and prepared for new construction.
- Provided accurate measurements and estimates for all projects.
- Consistently assumed additional work responsibilities and worked extended hours to meet project deadline.
- Replaced deteriorating windows and roofs with new materials when necessary.
- Construction of monolithic concrete structures, wood, and metal framework for residential and commercial buildings.
- Can read and decipher architect and engineering blueprints.
- Extensive experience in constructing cabinets, bookcases, shelves, desks, work benches, and wood and metal door jams and casings.
- Learned the skills to install, repair, and maintain other systems within buildings and factories.
- Completed additional projects at a construction company after demonstrating quality results in the areas of maintenance supervision detection, troubleshooting, and project management.
- Worked with foreman to define key success factors for carpentry crew such as resource planning, safety requirements, and performance optimization strategies.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics to construct scaffolding and supporting structures for major infrastructure projects.
- Move and transport materials and equipment to worksite, and setup sites to optimize construction workflows.
- Generate and maintain accurate construction records and prepare routine status reports.
- Extensive experience with a variety of building materials and methods, including brick, block, stone, windows, and doors.
- Carpenter with experience working on residential, commercial, energy, and infrastructure construction projects.
- Expertise in planning carpentry construction projects, defining scopes of work, and managing material.
- Accomplished in contributing to the development of safety initiatives to improve occupational safety goals and mitigate safety hazards.
- Seeking to take next career step in construction management with a highly respected organization offering opportunities for advancement and personal growth.
- Built decks, sheds, and fences from simple to complex structures; able to imagine structure in mind and determine materials need to accomplish each task.
- Construct building frameworks, including wall studs, floor joists, and doorframes.
- Help put up, level, and install building framework with the aid of large pulleys and cranes.
- Inspected and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures.
- Instilled the pride of ownership in each homeowner I helped by utilizing my carpentry skills for their new home.
- Offered and constructed a pet cemetery to attract and distract those with a desire to harm the clients’ pets.
- Designed, built, installed, and repaired structures and fixtures such as windows, doors, cabinets.
- Planned working using blueprints, drawings, space management, and layouts.
- Assessed material and labor costs, estimated construction completion dates based on scopes of work.
- Upheld and reinforced safety rules and regulations, and maintained clean and safe working environment.
- Supervised and maintained daily operations of a residential home construction crew; demonstrated leadership in the face of crisis.
- Completed tear-down of existing structures and prepared for new construction.
- Applied caulk, sealant and other agents to install on window molding and other surfaces.
- Dug trenches, backfilled holes and compacted earth to prepare for new construction.
- Aided in the construction of new homes and renovations to existing homes.
- Designed, delivered, and participated in site meetings.
- Meet with customers to discuss cost-effective remodeling or repair options for kitchens/bathrooms.
- Pick up materials, deliver to job site, and store appropriately.
- Performed demolition of existing structure, prepare for repair; remodel.
- Assemble/install: framing, drywall, electrical, plumbing, tiles, fixtures, cabinets, plaster, and paint.
- Fabricated custom doors, hardware, cabinets, woodwork, and plumbing fixtures.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.