These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Nurse Practitioner resumes for your reference.
- Independently assesses, diagnoses, and treats patients as a nurse practitioner in busy urgent care clinic.
- Provides care to patients across the lifespan with various degrees of complexity.
- Proficient with urgent care skills and procedures such as wound repair, abscess I&D, and radiology interpretation.
- Primary Care Provider in family-focused office treating patients throughout the lifespan.
- Manage patients with chronic diseases including Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension,Hyperlipidemia, COPD, Obesity.
- Performs preventative therapies such as physical exams, laboratory screening, cancer screening, well woman exams; Orders and interprets diagnostic testing and imaging.
- Independently developed Nutrition Guidelines as part of my initiative to promote wellness and disease prevention through diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Provides medical care to patients in accordance with policies established by Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- Exercises independent judgment with full responsibility for professional diagnosis treatment, referral and disposition of patients.
- Takes ownership responsibility for care of a panel of patients.
- Provides first contact continuous comprehensive primary care for infants children youth and adults according to current standards of care.
- I am a highly competent professional with hands on experience working in an emergency department and Medical/Surgical unit for four years.
- I also have over 700 hours of clinical experience as a student family nurse practitioner.
- In addition, I have four months of clinical experience in primary care, urgent care, occupational medicine, workers compensation, office/sick visits as well as knowledge of DOT physicals, but I am not currently certified.
- I am also experienced in procedures such as, wart removal, skin tag removal, I&Ds, splints and braces.
- Assessed patients, reviewed diagnostic results and chart notes, and prescribed pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments including immunosuppressive medications in collaboration with supervising MD per Texas nurse practitioner guidelines.
- Collaboration of care with other providers including nephrology, cardiology, infectious disease, and gastroenterology for ongoing care in a multidisciplinary setting including requesting consultations.
- Gathered appropriate information from the electronic health record and completed documentation and billing in timely manner.
- Enhanced patients understanding of health and disease management by educating and counseling patients and their families.
- Responsible for the assessment and management of a complex, chronic pediatric patient population from infancy to 19 years of age.
- Common diagnoses treated include: global developmental delay, seizure disorder, chronic lung disease, cystic fibrosis, asthma, tracheostomy/ventilator dependence, pneumonia.
- Collaborate in a multi-disciplinary approach to coordinate the care of complex patients.
- Provide mobile health care services to Corporate and VBC (chronic care) patients.
- Primary health care is provided for corporate patients at their place of business or at home.
- This provides an extraordinary healthcare experience for members and providing significant cost savings for health plans through reduced insurance claims and reductions in unnecessary utilization.
- Patients are assessed, treated or referred to higher level of care.
- Provide preventative, primary care, or assessments for patients in their homes or in assigned long term care facilities.
- Review patient’s past medical history and formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge, judgment and the findings based on my assessment.
- Review current symptoms and identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management of treatment.
- Provided high quality health care through direct assessment, diagnosis, and formulation/ implementation of treatment plans for patients with common acute and chronic illnesses and acute injuries.
- Coordinated care with local hospitals and EMS to transfer patients to higher level of care when necessary.
- Conducted mandated health screenings, physicals and special education assessments in children.
- Assessed need for, ordered, obtained and interpreted appropriate lab tests.
- Inpatient rounding on a dedicated stem cell transplant unit.
- Assessed need for, ordered, obtained and interpreted appropriate lab tests, imaging and medication/chemotherapy ordering and side effect management.
- Outpatient clinic responsibilities include chemotherapy ordering/monitoring for routine hematological malignancies as well as acute follow-up for post auto and allo patients, and establishment of a long term follow-up clinic.
- Work in collaboration with other healthcare professionals to deliver family-focus care.
- Provide services like health promotion, disease prevention and counseling across the lifespan.
- Assess, diagnose and treat health conditions of body and mind.
- Conduct physical exams, develop treatment plans for acute and chronic diseases, conduct diagnostic tests and screening evaluations, prescribe medications, and immunizations.
- Managed comorbidities related to diabetes such as hypertension, hyperlipidemia; and hyperthyroidism.
- Monitored and treated diabetic related complications such as diabetic neuropathy, nephropathy, and diabetic retinopathy.
- Managed patients with all continuous glucose monitors and all insulin pumps.
- Supervised office staff that consisted of medical assistance and certified diabetes educators and managed the day to activities of the clinic.