These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Lab Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Operate instruments and regulate temperature and pressure during chemical reactions that produce specific products.
- Add specified chemicals to products to ensure that they meet requirements.
- Weigh and measure chemicals in the proper amounts following the formula.
- Complete and sign off detailed batch sheets confirming work performed and standards met.
- My responsibilities was to make sure that the assembly lines ran properly.
- I had to open and close the assembly doors to maintain production.
- It was also my responsibility to make sure that the products was stored in the right bins and preventing the assembly lines from overflowing.
- Answering phones and expediting calls to different departments in lab.
- Distribution of lab reports for hematology and chemistry departments.
- Making sure the requirements for send outs are met before logging it in the system and sending them out to other labs.
- Conduct standards tests, such as blood alcohol, blood culture, oral glucose tolerance, glucose screening, blood smears, or peak and trough drug levels tests.
- Explain fluid or tissue collection procedures to patients.
- Transport specimens or fluid samples from collection sites to laboratories.
- Collect specimens at specific time intervals for tests, such as those assessing therapeutic druglevels.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Prepares and sorts specimens and samples for laboratory testing, ability to operate simple lab equipment.
- Thorough understanding of sterilization techniques and handling of harmful materials.
- Knowledge of using, maintaining and cleaning laboratory equipment and use.
- A New Graduate with a Pharmaceutical Chemist Diploma with experience in Research and Development of Cosmetic industry (formulation and characterization).
- Highly-motivated, productive and customer-focused team player with strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Reliable and dedicated with the ability to grasp and apply new procedures quickly; organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and adapt readily to new challenges.
- Collect all specimens from emergency room, all hospital floors, process them and deliver to the appropriate department.
- Responsible for sending out specimens to other outreach labs for testing.
- Customer service, mailing and faxing results as requested by the Physicians.
- Conducted optical testing for fold mirrors that will be used on a probe arm on MIRADAS, a third-generation near-infrared spectrograph for the Gran Telescopio Canarias (GTC) in Spain.
- Revised Solidworks drawings and part files of components used for MIRADAS before they are sent for fabrication.
- Created a test jig on Solidworks that was manufactured and used for the fold mirror tests.
- Used Python to develop code to analyze the fold mirror test results.
- Performs various laboratory support procedures which include phlebotomy and/or specimen processing.
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Responsible for the prompt and accurate collection, storage and shipping of plasma bottles and samples.
- Organize and analyze obtained data statistically for publication.
- Plan and actively involve in discussions about future projects with creative ideas.
- Able to work together with high sense of teamwork and responsibility to produce quality work.
- Assists the Medical Technologist in operating various types of laboratory equipment to perform tests in chemistry, bacteriology, urine analysis, hematology, etc.
- Maintain laboratory logs of tests as required and in accordance with generally accepted practices, policies, procedures, and protocols established in said area.
- Participates in a quality control program and prepares blood samples and likewise for analysis at outside laboratories, as instructed by the providers and Medical Technologist.
- Maintains reagents and supplies, order inventory and inspect all material to assure the valid dates of use and destroys those outdated supplies as required by state licenses.