Contract specialists manage, negotiate and evaluate contractual agreements. Their duties include drafting new contracts, assessing existing agreements, negotiating with relevant parties, dealing with breach of contracts, coordinating with clients and acting as a representative. Contract specialists require a bachelor’s degree in law or a relevant discipline. They must have excellent written and oral skills, be able to communicate well, willing to meet deadlines, work independently, negotiate and organize.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Contract Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Contract Specialist resumes for your reference.
- Currently responsible for the execution and administration of all Simplified Acquisition of Base Engineering Requirements (SABER) for Hurlburt Field’s $25M Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract.
- Managed $10M portfolio for large dollar services contracts; including contract awards, modifications, and options.
- Led medical commodities team of 4 administrators acquire clinical and administrative support services, streamlined the source selection process saving federal resources.
- Governed $5.8M vehicle maintenance program, sourced 116 training aids for 8 evasive driving courses.
- Negotiated, drafted, and enforced all contracts for the company.
Contract Specialist II
- Responsible for managing and supporting all aspects of provider relations for all reimbursement products including Medicare, Medicaid and all managed care plans.
- Develop and evaluate the provider network to ensure appropriate access for membership and develops/executes recruitment plans.
- Effectively maintain relationships with other department managers and serve as main liaison between care management and care management coordinators.
- Performed all item analysis, pricing, and all other labor functions to ensure adherence to contractual terms.
- Drafted both employee and vendor agreements for three large project management firms.
- Managed all aspects of contracting process, from document collection through contract closeout.
- Managed aspects related to obtaining information for new vendors, ‘new vendor add’.
- Initiated and completed HCC/Totality requests and approval and track status of requests.
- Monitored PO funding, contract renewal dates and assist in troubleshooting with accounts payable process.
- Responsible for negotiating rate increases that ranged from 5-20%.
- Review and redline vendor’s language in contracts and determine if legal or compliance review is necessary and complete redlines of draft agreements following legal’s review.
- Develop strong relationships with executive staff, department managers, and vendors.
- Respond to colleagues’ questions regarding contract processes and contract language.
- 100% data integrity into MediTract contract system, i.e. all documents and comments are uploaded into database.
- Solved problems and conflicts during negotiations by generating creative solutions.
- Served as the Deputy Chief of Contracting responsible for providing contracting support to United States Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM) area of operations.
- Responsible for providing leadership, management and planning for daily contracting operations for acquisitions of supplies, services, and minor construction contracts in support of USSOUTHCOM.
- Managed a contracting team of eight from both the military and the civilian workforce.
- Performed pre-award, market research, developing acquisition strategies and plans for acquisitions; solicitations; evaluations; negotiating price/cost, terms and conditions; performing post award actions that include delivery/task orders against established contracts; post-award procurement actions; and contract administration.
- Conducted comprehensive analysis of the fault lines between diverse interest groups.
- Ensured the integrity and accuracy of customer signed contract packages provided by the sales team.
- Validated contract packages and obtained necessary approvals to launch implementation.
- Entered contract data into necessary applications for record keeping purposes.
- Triggered biller load functions and/or downstream notifications to appropriate organizations.
- Saved project manager from a major defeat after completing a thorough review of the team’s progress report.
- Review all incoming retail sales contracts for compliance, completeness, & correctness.
- Use effective collaboration skills to provide prompt & accurate support to sales & media operations on contracting issues & processes.
- Escalate 5 complex or unusual issues weekly to senior team members or supervisor.
- Minimized conflict and improved team relations by educating other employees regarding personal data privacy concerns.
- Contributed to end-of-shop morale uplift by identifying problem employees and helping him to follow up on questionnaires after he received a written warning.
- Review and negotiate provisions for all changes of the sales Master Service Agreement into a Rider and Access Agreements that give BHN approval to enter and change the premises.
- Develop process that would move the vendor Consulting or Master agreements and SOWs from rough draft through execution.
- Develop process for vendor SOW finance approval with the finance department.
- Interpret negotiated language in Vendor â€“ BHN Service Level Agreement to calculate the correct credit amount due to a service outage.
- Extensively researched comparative roles of leadership styles in small organizations and examined the strengths, weaknesses, and role models of seven successful leaders in the organization.
- Prepared documentation, including determinations, findings, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotations (RfQs), and award documents.
- Facilitated meetings and conferences with prospective contractors, determining requirements for contract action.
- Managed and maintain contractor relationships, negotiating cost-effective multimillion dollar contracts for essential services and support; monitor contractor performance.
- Analyze business practices and market conditions to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and contractor performance.
- Adhered to contract specifications and schedule, ensuring superior quality in a timely manner.
- Created all pre award documents and awarded the largest IDIQ contract pool with a 25 billion dollar ceiling and over 125 awardees for CMSâ€™ IT services nationwide.
- Performing contract and task order modifications, including price, cost, and scope negotiations as well as statement of work reductions and additions.
- Administering invoices reviews for accuracy, period of performance compliance and accurate indirect rate application and have achieved a 100% prompt pay rate.
- Was selected for the Secretarial Initiative for Best Practices and Communities of Practice for CMS entailed interviewing CMS Directors and staff about best practices in the procurement management area and using critical thinking to define and develop best practices to disseminate to the training department.
- Planned and implemented new procedures to decrease costs associated with lost orders and refunds.
- Ensure that the proper instrument (grant, contract, cooperative agreement, or other transaction instrument) for meeting program objectives has been proposed.
- Prepared Determinations & Findings (D&Fs), Justifications & Approvals (J&As), and other related documentation.
- Prepared thorough cost/price analysis in order to establish sound pre-negotiation positions.
- Develop positive relationships with customers, team members, and contractors to ensure a cohesive environment for operations.
- Coordinated and confirmed numerous details for company events by maintaining a working relationship with multiple vendors, clients, sponsors, and facility managers.
- Program Manager for the Government Purchase Card Department for a military installation which provided contract support to Soldiers and Government Civilians.
- Responsible for the management of 400 government credit card accounts and 110 billing official accounts.
- Ensured appropriate spending in accordance with published fiscal constraints and the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Served as the primary program manager responsible for account establishment, training development, and deliverance, new policy development and compliance, program audits, and monthly surveillance and reconciliation.
- Restructured contract negotiation process from start to finish within 3 months; recognized as the “go-to” contact for this process by senior management.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.