Event Coordinators provide an event with leadership. Their duties include organizing seating arrangements, creating event flyers, securing the event’s location, assisting with troubleshooting, keeping track of RSVP counts, securing the event’s location, and negotiating contracts with employees. To become an event coordinator, you must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or a similar field. Event Coordinators must demonstrate organization, professionalism, problem-solving skills, reporting skills, analytical skills, communication skills, and computer savvy.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Event Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Event Coordinator resumes for your reference.
- Helped to created and work events ranging from weddings to corporate meetings.
- Guide clients through the planning process by assist in answering all questions in a timely manner.
- Keep track of all event needs and order lines as needed.
- Organized and coordinated events throughout the city, including block parties, community service projects, and charity dinners.
- Worked as a labor representative for the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 118 in negotiations with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 447.
- Facilitated customer service; communicated with clients of all ages & parents on ideas of organizing the event at hand; listened to their needs and presented alternatives to their requirements.
- Worked with & clarified expectations of suppliers/manufacturers of equipment, contractors, employees.
- Recruited new employees for choreography of event; lead teacher for dances, acted as a mentor, encouraged them to progress in their skills in music, choreography, technique, terminology, and historical influences.
- Provided appropriate discipline and criteria of respect to staff members, established clear expectations for behavior and attire.
- Escorted a 4-star general to three states to assist with labor negotiations regarding the Army recruiting center.
- Utilized strong interpersonal and communications skills to serve clients and assess personal tastes and budgets of clients, managing and exceeding expectations.
- Enhanced the organization of the event department by carrying out administrative tasks.
- Responsible for daily set-up, breakdown, and maintenance of all event equipment/tools and vehicles.
- Leader of a cohesive team, intertwined with various internal and external divisions, clients, partners and vendors.
- Organized several children’s Olympics in which over 100 competitors participated. Supported many local individuals by organizing fund-raisers and fashion shows for benefit.
- Promoted and market events to local animal rescue groups and other community organizations.
- Implement new and innovate ways to raise funds and awareness for National Animal Rescue.
- Collaborate with designers, event hosts, and news teams to ensure their participation in Celebrity Catwalk events are successful.
- Effectively managed project time by establishing priorities and delegating tasks to volunteers and employees.
- Organized a 300-person charity fundraiser to support the construction of a new school in Kenya.
- Closely chaperone the event of the client while multitasking with other tasks in the building.
- Organize events set up while making any adjustments clients have to maintain the event space professional appearance.
- Maintenance of building before closing, assuring a clean and restocked storage for the next business day.
- Directed the selling of 500 tickets in under two weeks and arranged for food, drinks, personnel, and supplies necessary to host 405 guests.
- Completed tasks with limited supervision while working with board members, caterers, and volunteers.
- Verbally explaining all client services and party information, validating client event establishment.
- Establish a great venue floor plan in multiple catering locations, as well as establish a comprehensive overview of the event€™s menu.
- Leading staff in performing detailed steps of events schedule, guaranteeing the events direct completion.
- Hosted an event that raised $5,000 for Kenyan orphans; recognized by the President of the Board for exceptional leadership talent.
- Functioned as chief organizer and host of a six-city, ten-day international festival that incorporated art exhibits, film screenings, and eight live concerts.
- Coordinate general event logistics with clients for speaking engagements.
- Acted as liaison between client and sponsor of event to convey all personal needs of clientele.
- Managed media inquiries from radio, newspaper and television outlets to help publicize events.
- Recruited, trained, and motivated staff of twenty-two volunteers to promote African American Awareness Week.
- Promoted campus wide volunteer participation by developing a comprehensive plan for volunteers, as well as an effective publicity campaign surrounding the event.
- Creatively planned, coordinated and executed large scale corporate events as well as private parties, and social networking events.
- Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings, giving guidance toward improvement and making necessary adjustment for consistency in delivering bets in front customer service.
- Supported managers before and during the event to ensure that everything is set up as per client’s requests.
- Fostered positive relationships between colleges, universities, arts groups, and government officials by seeking their involvement.
- Awarded for excellence in customer service from city officials and the mayor’s office for organizing a successful African American Month celebration.
- Rendezvous and Consulted with clients to provide information on services available. Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinated and organized details intimate events such as: birthdays, bridal parties, local supper clubs, and workshops.
- Devised, developed and organized campaign for coffee brand experience.
- Proactively collaborated with designer and specific merchants to coffee brand experience.
- Designed marketing strategies to promote events from inception to completion by tapping into new markets, expanding event services and products, and increasing brand awareness.
- Delivered clear and prompt communications as the first and main point of contact for clients and attendees.
- Led weekly digest meetings with key stakeholders to select summit program, assess budgets, and discuss key timelines.
- Attended each event to ensure flawless execution and manage onsite team including hotel staff and A/V crew; conducted pre-con meetings, prepared workshop rooms and registration area with materials and signage; provided tech guidance/support for onsite app management.
- Organized, coordinated, and executed thirteen theme parties with over 300 attendees in nine months; established companies’ reputation as the premiere source for event planning.
- Provided full planning, coordination, and execution of over 100 Christmas Party and Special Events to include activities for over 1000 people.
- Negotiating contracts with clients, assessing their requirements and ensuring they are satisfied with the service delivered.
- Meet and discuss with clients on the specifics of the event including date, time & requirements and presentation certain layouts and plans using PowerPoint.
- Maintaining accurate financial and administrative records and recorded them using Excel.
- Meeting with the restaurant owners and senior managers to discuss financial forecasts and set budgets.
- Planned, organized, staffed, and executed events from start to finish ensuring that each function went off without a hitch.
- Organized university wide events with a team of 8 other executive board members to provide unique and fun activities for members and students in order to add value to the campus and the organization.
- Publicized awareness of events by leveraging social media to get the logistics and agenda of the events to as many eyes as possible, bolstering our number of attendees and recognition of the club.
- Documented valuable metrics on every event such as costs, sales, volume, and general feedback into a robust report.
- Obtained several awards for excellence including an award for the best party within a 180-mile radius from an outside vendor.
- Award for best food vendor within a 150-mile radius from outside vendors; award for the best rental company within a 180-mile radius from an outside vendor.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.