These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Case Manager resumes for your reference.
- Manage every aspect of the resident’s case from intake to discharge.
- Ensure the resident is receiving the services they need to heal from trauma and substance abuse.
- Ensure resident schedules and follows through with what the program requires: Planned Teachings, Week in Reviews, therapy with residential therapist, job searching, pursuing secondary education, food shopping, house meeting recreational activity, school if applicable, conduct job searching, etc.
- Generated correspondence and administrative reports and related documentation to the Lead Case Manager.
- Successfully reunified 10 minors, within 25 days, to their mother and father whom resided in United States.
- Ensured active cases were properly updated with the most recent documentation provided by Sponsors.
- Worked closely with Federal government personnel to ensure minors had appropriate level of care.
- Update data entry with Cares (DHS Program) Information on the client must be input on each client daily.
- Connect client with referrals for medical, job and or any services needed.
- Work close with Housing Specialist to get client housing.
- Offer walk in service so that client give any external updates that can help client find work or housing.
- Help promote Eviction Prevention strategies with local partners, management companies, residents and funders while developing comprehensive resident eviction watch lists and risk profiles.
- Manage a case load of over 35 clients involved in housing crisis and facing possible eviction.
- Research and refer clients to various social service programs and community based organizations.
- Maintain precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including participant files and entries into participant databases (e.g. CARES).
- Conduct home visits, and interviews clients and/or family members for assessment of need for multiple program services (personal care, homemaking, or home delivered meals).
- Assess client’s functional, family, social, environmental and medical status and develops a comprehensive care plan for proper service disposition.
- Arrange and coordinate applicable services with service providers, other community agencies and resources.
- Conducts intake and assessments, including psycho-social evaluations of clients to determine the appropriate treatment plan for their participation, and to help them develop their living skills appropriate for their disability.
- Provides case management and counseling services and assists clients in the creation and adherence to their Individual Living Plans, identifying short and long-term objectives to be achieved.
- Inputs all client information and updates in a timely fashion into the CARES system.
- Works collaboratively with the clients and other staffs to identify and obtain financial entitlements, housing and other concrete services.
- Developed clients discharge plan in conjunction with the social worker, behavioral specialist, client, family, referral sources and other community base agencies to which the client may be referred for continuing care.
- Provided regular home visits to assist clients with building ADL’S skills in preparation of obtaining independence.
- Participated in outside meeting as assigned and provided feedback of information helpful to the operation and service delivery.
- Ensure that patients remain in contact with their primary Physician, coordinate all services needed and limit the use of emergency rooms and repeat hospitalizations.
- Conduct case reviews with interdisciplinary team to monitor / evaluate client status/ service.
- Schedule appointments, chart maintenance, provide clients with general description of our program.
- Tracks all medical, behavioral substance use and other network referrals made for patients and ensures that patients follow up on referrals and attend scheduled appointments, through accompaniment when necessary.
- Provides phone and physical outreach to patients who have been non-adherent to necessary treatment appointments or have missed appointments for initial visits with new providers.
- Makes reminder phone calls to patients for all appointments.
- Responsible for patients in an acute care setting relative to medical and surgical needs.
- Worked closely with insurance carrier clients and adjusters.
- Assess patient acuity Heavily weighted on assessments, discharge planning and implementation.
- Conduct telephonic reviews with various insurance and managed care companies Knowledge of Interqual, Milliman criteria, Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Provided unlimited Case Management services to clients through financial assessments, employment plans and all other outreach services.
- Engaged clients daily through home visits, office visits, and telephone contact.
- Collaborate with Mental Health Care providers and organized Case Conferences with clients, HASA, and Supervisors.
- Document and maintain client files daily providing case coordination, direct services, case management and crisis management.
- Assembles information for the completion of forms for the preparation of reports.
- Prepares and types correspondence reports, forms, contracts and specialized documents from drafts, notes, dictated tapes, or brief instructions, using a computer.
- Assist clients that have mental history to submit supporting housing documents.